Neuralgic center, this square is the oldest in the city and was used as a market place, parties, bullfights, executions and military parades until the construction in 1618 of the Plaza Nueva. The Plaza del Coso was next to the walled belt that belonged to the old Villa that was part of the Palace and Castle of Medinaceli. In the southern corner, there is a sculpture of a child with a shell from the last third of the 18th century. Originally, the sculpture had as destination some corner of the garden of the old ducal palace of Medinaceli, but after several transfers, it settled permanently in one of the lateral angles of the Plaza del Coso. Made in bronze and of small dimensions, it represents a child, possibly a representation of the god Altis, which holds a rockery shell from which it pours water.
Paseo del Coso, 14900 – Lucena (Córdoba)