Casa de los Mora

Calle San Pedro, 50 14900 Lucena (Córdoba)
Telf: (+34) 957 50 10 33
The building annexed to the Church of San Pedro Mártir of Verona was the old Dominican convent founded in 1575 by the Bishop of Córdoba and in 1836 by the decree of exclaustration became part of the National Assets. In 1844 it was auctioned and passed to the property of Juan de Navas García. The building before passing to the municipal ownership was anises factory, oil mill and winery.

Ver Detalles

Localización
GPS: 37.4077497884683 | -4.4897255301475525


The building annexed to the Church of San Pedro Mártir of Verona was the old Dominican convent founded in 1575 by the Bishop of Córdoba and in 1836 by the decree of exclaustration became part of the National Assets. In 1844 it was auctioned and passed to the property of Juan de Navas García. The building before passing to the municipal ownership was anises factory, oil mill and winery. It conserves a splendid Mannerist arcaded patio with semi-circular arches and columns on a pedestal base. In its center it conserves a fountain surrounded by garden and palm trees. Currently the building has been rehabilitated and will become a public multipurpose center and citizen service. The project has recovered the central arcaded patio and a second backyard as open green spaces for the enjoyment of all citizens. The rest of the building is designed in a versatile manner for various functional uses such as exhibitions, teaching, social uses, meetings, etc., with a total of 11 rooms spread over the three floors. * Opening hours subject to tempo

Download PDF
Address:

Calle San Pedro, 50
14900
Lucena (Córdoba)

Download PDF