This beautiful hermitage was erected around 1715 and its brotherhood maintains the tradition, so typical of the southern towns of Córdoba, of the Bellmen of the Aurora. The plant of the hermitage is rectangular organized in five sections, correspond the fourth and the fifth to the spaces covered by the dome and the presbytery respectively. The dome is raised on spandrels decorated with stucco leaves, framing the heraldic blazons of the Patron Chapel Don José de Arjona y Hurtado. The main altarpiece, work attributable to Francisco José Guerrero, completed in 1759, represents in its structure the decorative synthesis of this altarpiece so prodigal in works in Lucena. The dressing room made for the image of the owner between 1756 and 1759, is of circular plan and small dimensions about two meters in diameter, is adapted as one as an apse to the head of the church, profusely decorated with pebbles, stipes, mirrors and heads of angels. All the style characteristics of this small space point towards the sculptor and carver Pedro de Mena y Gutiérrez, of Lucena, who was occupied at that time in the plasterwork of the San Mateo Major Sanctuary.
Calle Abad Serrano, 9