Inside the castle there is a temple in honor of the Virgin, who took the dedication of the castle by the place where it is located. This church, which was built during the medieval years, was probably the first parish church in this town. The abandonment of the fortress and the construction of a new temple outside the Castle meant that this church was reduced to a hermitage. In the 18th century the chapel suffered a strong intervention that gave it its popular baroque imprint. In 1952, because of the damage suffered by the earthquake of 19 May 1951, it was renovated by the people of Carcabuey. The façade is located on the right side of the church. It is very simple and consists of a semicircular brick arch framed by pilasters and entablature crowned by small pinstripes. On the right arm of the transept stands the simple belfry with a single span.
The interior is a Latin cross plan, formed by a body with two sections covered with a barrel vault with lunettes, a transept with a semi-spherical vault on pendentives and arms of the transept already head, with a barrel vault with lunettes. The decoration, based on rockery, is concentrated in the transept, with radial bands and lunettes in the four panels with windows.