Iglesia de Nuestra Señora de las Angustias

C/ del Rio, 2 14800 Priego de Córdoba (Córdoba)
957700625
Rococo style, was founded in 1773 by Josefa del Mármol with the intention of providing a temple to the image of the Virgen de las Angustias. Finished its construction in 1775 and the interior decoration in 1778. The temple is of a ship with vault of edge and lunetos , in the head a gallonada cupola that rests in a cornice. The authorship of the temple and altarpieces are attributed to Juan de Dios Santaella. In the dressing room, the titular sculptural group is from the Granada school at the end of the 18th century , being the Christ of the circle of José de Mora. On the bench two magnificent figures of the Virgen and San José with the child in their arms, works by José Risueño from the 18th century. The cover is made of colored marbles, with two bodies, also of Santaella.

Ver Detalles

Localización
GPS: 37.43827020000001 | -4.194519799999966


Rococo style, was founded in 1773 by Josefa del Mármol with the intention of providing a temple to the image of the Virgen de las Angustias. Finished its construction in 1775 and the interior decoration in 1778. The temple is of a ship with vault of edge and lunetos , in the head a gallonada cupola that rests in a cornice. The authorship of the temple and altarpieces are attributed to Juan de Dios Santaella. In the dressing room, the titular sculptural group is from the Granada school at the end of the 18th century , being the Christ of the circle of José de Mora. On the bench two magnificent figures of the Virgen and San José with the child in their arms, works by José Risueño from the 18th century. The cover is made of colored marbles, with two bodies, also of Santaella.
Download PDF
Address:

C/ del Rio, 2
14800
Priego de Córdoba (Córdoba)

Download PDF