Its construction dates from 1510-12, at the mercy of D. Pedro Fernández de Córdoba , first Marqués de Priego, under the patronage of San Esteban, which was not finished until 1548.
It is a Late Gothic or Mudejar temple, remodeled in the 18th century in Baroque style , by Jerónimo Sánchez de Rueda and later Juan de Dios Santaella. Of the original temple only the space belonging to the central nave is conserved. The works of reform began in 1712 and it was intended to apply the same treatment that had been carried out in the church of the Assumption: arched vaults, domes greased and profuse decoration of baroque plasterwork .
Plaza Compás de San Francisco, 15
Priego de Córdoba (Córdoba)