Founded outside the city walls, by the Discalced Franciscans (Alcantarinos) in 1713, in which it was already hermitage of the Virgen del Valle (Virgin of the Valley). Disentailed in 1835, until the end of the last century, early this was not occupied by another Community. Destined for many years as the Homeless Elderly, at the beginning of the eighties it became one of the Homes of the work of Jesus Abandoned. Important restoration works have been carried out. The church, not very large, consists of a single floor with side chapels. Inside, the main altarpiece by Juan Abundio de Burgos stands out. Executed between 1760 and 1763, it is carved and gilded pinewood Flanders. The central corridor is totally occupied by the mouth of the dressing room of the Virgin of the Valley, with a rounded arch.
Calle Calzadilla del Valle, 33, 14900 Lucena, Córdoba, España