Contact details
Calle San Pedro, 50 14900 Lucena (Córdoba)
Lat. 37.4077497885 Long. -4.4897255301
(+34) 957 50 10 33

House of the Mora.

The annex building to the San Pedro Mártir de Verona church was the former Dominican convent founded in 1575 by the Bishop of Cordoba, and in 1836, by decree of exclaustration, it became part of the National Assets. In 1844, it was auctioned and passed into the ownership of Juan de Navas García. The building, before becoming municipal property, served as a factory for anise, an oil mill, and a winery. It retains a splendid mannerist porticoed courtyard with semicircular arches and columns on a pedestal base. In its center, there is a fountain surrounded by a garden and palm trees. Currently, the building has been rehabilitated and will become a versatile public center and citizen service. The project has recovered the porticoed central courtyard and a second rear courtyard as open green spaces for the enjoyment of all citizens. The rest of the building is designed flexibly for various functional uses such as exhibitions, teaching, social uses, meetings, etc., with a total of 11 rooms spread over three floors. A total of 11 rooms spread over three floors featuring permanent exhibitions dedicated to "Our School" and "Velonera Lucentina Craftsmanship".

Casa de los Mora
×
Leaflet | © OpenStreetMap contributors
You might also like
|
|
© Copyright - La Subbética Punto Destino